Friday, January 2, 2009

Dr. Jeffrey Junig takes on the Suboxone-haters

In order to best serve the people I work with, I am always trying to learn as much as I can about addiction and treatment options for addicts. A site that I frequent for such information is from Dr. Jeffrey Junig, a psychiatrist and recovering opiate-addict from Wisconsin who blogs at suboxonetalkzone.com

Dr. Junig's no-nonsense approach, experience,
and honesty offer professionals, addicts, and the general public clear answers to their questions about addiction and Suboxone. This week, Dr. Junig posted a YouTube video response to the ever-present anti-Suboxone question, "Isn't it just trading one drug for another?" Dr. Junig's well-thought out and informative video-reply simply addresses the question, "Why do you care so much about people using Suboxone?"

Listen to Dr. Junig's detailed explanation about Suboxone on YouTube

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Junig is very good at working with suboxone patients questions and also working around the pitfalls of being on Suboxone in a treatment community that has yet to accept the medication.

ARM-ME definitely has a different view of methadone treatment than Dr. Junig, but I find his posts are very comforting for patients on Suboxone.

ARM-Maine works on fighting the stigma of medication assisted treatment (MAT) in Maine, as well as advocacy efforts at the state and national level for patients utilizing MAT.

-Kristan Hilchey
Director, ARM-Maine

Unknown said...

Thanks Amanda!! I have recently received help from a friend who does 'IT', to create a forum at 'suboxforum.com'. Please check it out and link if you find it valuable-- meanwhile I will link to your blog as well if I haven't already. I did the forum because I became tired of the harassment at all of the other med sites from those who insist on taking the inventories of others!

Take care,
Jeff J